When analysing our competitor´s prices, there are certain metrics which can help us finding out what our position is in comparison to our competitors. In addition to comparing our prices on a one to one basis, we can use certain filters which will help us in terms of how our clients perceive our store.
By using a Price Monitoring software, we will obtain the following reports:
- Products where I am more expensive: A list of all those products where my store has a higher price than the rest of our competitors. These products should reduce its price in order to increase sales, as they are not competitive.
- Products where I am cheaper: In contrast to the previous report, a list of those products where prices could be increased in order to maximize our profit.
- Competitor´s new products or novelties: Those products which have been added to the portfolio by competitor, including detail per competitor.
- Products where I am more expensive than a particular competitor: Probably our strategy consists in being more expensive than certain competitors but cheaper than others. For that reason, this filter will enable us to look at certain competitors.
- Products where I am cheaper than a certain competitor: In contrast to the previous case
- Products which are offered by my competitors but not by me: it is interesting to know the items which are missing in my catalogue so I can order them from my supplier, thus increasing the number of products I sell.
- Products which I have and my competitors don´t have: As opposed to the previous case, as we are the only one selling these products, we could increase those products profit as we have no competition.
- Prices which have been modified recently: A list of all those products who´s price has been modified in the last 24 hours. We must follow up those products to react to market trends.
- Average price per category: within our product category, average price per competitor in order to determine if we are cheaper or more expensive category wise.
Carrying out a detailed study of our prices will help us to have a better market understanding, increasing our competitiveness. You can request a sales presentation explaining this and other features in the following form
Find out how Minderest can take your business to the next level.
Contact our pricing experts to see the platform in action.