Guerrilla marketing is an advertising strategy that focuses on carrying out marketing actions in unconventional mediums. Its principal objective is to reach the largest number of people possible. This technique has a low cost but can have great reach, which is why companies that want to increase their popularity often implement this strategy.
This type of advertising action takes advantage of the element of surprise. Its goal is to surprise people during their daily routines. To be successful with these campaigns, the greatest investment that must be made is in creativity. This is because guerrilla marketing works by reusing the daily environment of your target audience.
This strategy has no limits beyond those set by your imagination. Many companies have found different creative ways to advertise. One clear example of guerrilla marketing can be seen in the following image:
McDonald’s used a zebra crossing for guerrilla advertising by converting it into French fries with their branded holder. This was painted on the asphalt to advertise in a way that is both striking and very original.
The main advantages of guerrilla marketing
- Low cost: without a doubt, the main advantage of this strategy is the low economic cost needed to promote your brand and your products.
- Measurement of results: it’s very easy to see the results of these publicity campaigns without needing to wait too long.
- High engagement: the fact that these campaigns are so striking is precisely what makes users react and express their opinions in a greater proportion, on various online platforms and social media.
- Earn loyalty: another great benefit of the surprise factor of these strategies is increased user loyalty. This is due to the impact that the marketing itself has by making your brand memorable, which will forge a relationship in the long term.
- Viralisation: guerrilla marketing campaigns often go viral because of the creativity that characterises them.
What do you need to start a guerrilla marketing campaign?
Knowing your audience well is the most important thing to keep in mind when launching this kind of campaign. By defining your campaign well, you’ll be able to set your objectives and goals. You’ll also need to bear in mind that the creativity that you invest in this project has to be linked to clarity. This will allow you to avoid misunderstandings, so that your users can understand your message without confusion.
Finally, you need to calculate the investment made and measure the results to know if you’ve reached the objectives that you were planning to achieve. These strategies have risks, which is the price of creativity. To be successful, you need to make sure that you always surprise your users and thus have a positive impact on them.
Find out how Minderest can take your business to the next level.
Contact our pricing experts to see the platform in action.